[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 15:08:35 EDT 2017

Namaste Praveen Bhatji,
I did. I went through the emails exchanged on this forum as well as others. Some people even brought Quantum physics into the picture lol. I understand the importance of tradition in Advaita but this purely academic. As a matter of fact, Advaita tradition considers Vachaspati Misra as a stalwart in the lineage. Even he advocates aneka-jiva vada.
I understand the fact, Vedanta is very esoteric. Notwithstanding any scholar's reputation, should we not give merit to the arguments alone? Considering that prakasananda is not as popular or as respected as Vachaspati Misra, doesn't that make him a mere scholar in comparison?
I request you to give me the ref to the verse that you are speaking of. I think the context is clear though, as prakasananda repeatedly denies maya. He has explicitly stated maya is tuccha. He has even stated 'like hare's horn'. How can anyone overlook this?
I haven't written on the vijnanavada part yet. I actually got a copy of siddhanta muktavali and read it. He derives almost 99% of his thesis from Sunya vada and Vijnanavada. I will write about it in detail shortly.
Briefly, Shankara says in BSB that dreams are sublated in waking state, the magician's magic is sublated when trick is revealed, but we never observe the objective world sublating in anything.
In order for it to be sublated, Maya is essential which establishes the paramartha satya. This is the unique position of Vedanta. If maya is accepted, then objectivity of the world need not be denied. On the other hand, whether we accept maya or not, if we assert that world is only subjective, it needs a positive proof. No such proof or illustration can be given. This is the same refutation against the Buddhists.