[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 16 00:10:52 EDT 2017

World is a phenomenon. Maya is a definition/concept. We can say world is tuccha. But how does saying maya is tuccha makes sense? It is like saying Anirvachaniya/indescribable is Tuccha/non-existent. So that establishes only sat and asat are possible. Then we have to say world is asat like hare's horn. If we say it is only from the absolute position, then we have to accept maya. It's not a question of whether we need maya to explain Advaita. Rather it is a denial of such a concept/possibility even provisionally. So in a way, Prakasananda says SDV is fundamentally wrong and DSV alone is the truth.
The fact that you insist these are only prakriyas and we can choose whichever proves that, one need not arrive at DSV at any point until moksha.