[Advaita-l] Tamas, physical darkness, is a positive object

Ramachandra Sastry ramachandra.sastry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:00:34 EDT 2017

Namaste,

Thanks to all who responded on my query.
Apparently, if  we say blackness is the property of darkness and since this
blackness is seen, hence darkness must have an objective existence, then we
should ask what is the Pramana to say that blackness is the property of
darkness? if someone says obviously the eyes...however isn't darkness seen
even if the eyes are shut?
Darkness is darkness whether we keep eyes open or shut...how can we say
eyes are the pramana to say that darkness is an object ... we cannot i
believe...

Regards
Ramachandra

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Ravi Kiran via Advaita-l <