[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 12:27:41 EDT 2017

Namaste Adityaji,
​
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <

> Why should we admit pratabhasika, which is a lower level of reality when
> compared to Vyavaharika and reject vyavaharika? Even if it is so, how does
> this establish DSV or 'unreality of the world like illusion'. I think
> Gaudapada mentions this in GK too.

​If there is only one of the two to be chosen between vyA​vahArika and
prAtibhAsika, what makes you think that there are levels of realities
between the two? If you choose only vyAvahArika, how do you explain dream
then, another vyAvahAra? There is a reason no one in any AV tradition has
chosen only vyAvahArika. Dvaitins do so considering dream also as real.
Which is why GK has to establish the unreality of the dream first and use
the same hetu to refute vyAvahArika waking, brilliantly collapsing
vyAvahArika into prAtibhAsika and then rejecting the AbhAsas to be mithyA
therby landing into ajAti, pAramArthika.

Sw. Prakashananda starts from the same Shruti and GK goal and uses the tool
of tarka in a stupendous manner to shift the onus of proving vyAvahAra on
the opponent and says it cannot be established at all.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​