[Advaita-l] Regarding Padmanabhaswamy

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 08:43:47 EDT 2017

Kalyanji,
Yes, we can't arrive at the exact date but we can get information about the time period. Inscriptions, local legends, some temple records or a lineage of priests or patrons can throw some light. The temple website claims that it was built during the beginning of the Kali era. Based on that information and also the uniqueness of the temple, I am inclined to believe that it is ancient.
In any case, both the temples are unique in their own way. However, the Padmanabha idol was so intriguing that I thought perhaps this is an accurate representation of Vishnu. I had never seen anything quite like that before.