[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 21:27:55 EDT 2017

Namaste Srinathji,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l <

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <
>

> > What is the point of such study to learn what you know from birth that
> you
> > are limited entity different from an limitless Ishvara. There is no logic
> > necessary to establish dvaita, it is anubhava-siddha for all and
> therefore,
> > even Shruti is not a pramANa.
>

> How is that it is your knowledge 'I am different from Ishvara' is
> anubhava-siddha ?

Since limitedness is anubhavasiddha and Shruti says Ishvara is limitless. I
don't need Shruti to tell me I am limited and therefore, it is
anubhavasiddha and therefore my knowledge. I knew I am limited even before
Shruti telling me of a limitless Ishvara. Even without Shruti, if someone
were to tell me that there is a mathematical possibility of inifinity, I
know I am not infinite by anubhava.

Is Ishvara in your anubhava?

​No, Shruti is the pramANa for Ishvara.​

> Unless you know pratiyOgi,
> you cannot know the difference between anuyOgi and pratiyOgi.

​Once you know of the pratiyogi from Shruti, ​I don't need it to tell me
the difference between anuyogi and pratiyogi.
​​

> Since Ishvara is only knowable from shruti, dvaita jnyAna (of jIvESha
> bhEda) is shruti pratipAdya only. Otherwise there would not be any atheists
> in the world.

​There is a difference in saying that Shruti is a pramANa for Ishvara
versus saying that Shruti is a pramANa for difference between jIva and
Ishvara the way you say it and the way we say it that Shruti is a pramANa
for both, Ishvara and jIveshvaraikya.
​

> Sorry to say that Sri.Dayananda Sarswati is missed this basic understanding
> and hence misunderstood Dvaita Siddhanta.

​I'd made a separate paragraph to indicate my conclusion, not Swamiji's.
Sorry that you missed it. However, Swamiji's conclusion was no different,
since he taught that Vedanta Shruti is a pramANa for advaitajnAna, it
couldn't have been a pramANa for dvaitajnAna as well. Yet, lets drop
Swamiji from the conversation please.

​gurupAdukAbhyAm
,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​