[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:51:27 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Kalyan via Advaita-l <

> //By the way, the same upanishat passage also says, in the same context,
> atra
> pitA apitA. Kindly exert the might of your logic to show why pitA is also a
> "verb."//
>

> Leaving aside the question of verbs, can't we interpret this passage in
> the following dvaita-friendly way -
>
> In the state of moksha -
>
> 1. Vedas do not give any new knowledge to the mukta because the mukta
> already got all the knowledge that he/she could absorb from the vedas. Thus
> vedas have no further utility *as vedas* to the mukta.
>
> 2. A father is no longer a father, as the bonds with all his past children
> have been dissolved due to moksha and only his bond with the dvaitic
> brahman remains.
>
> Interpreted in this way, these statements do not imply a sublation of the
> world.

If so, then some questions that  arises are,

What is this knowledge (its lakshana) gained from Vedas ? Is it attained
through shravana itself or is it dependent on some other aspects (upAsana
etc leading to samAdhi ) to generate such a knowledge? If by shravana,
which vAkyas from Vedas can generate such knowledge ?

what is the phala of attaining such a knowledge while here, in this birth?

Does it result in the state of moksha, you have explained above?

Is such a moksha attainable by an embodied being, at the very onset of the
dawn of the knowledge (without any time gap
between the dawn of moksha knowledge and moksha experience) or it is
dependent on another entity (Ishvara) even after the gain of knowledge from
Vedas ?

what is this state of moksha, where one continues to know/experience the
multiplicity of objects (if everything exists as before and is experienced
as before) ?

how is such a moksha explained after attaining which, there is no return to
birth/death (samsAra ) as told in Bh. Gita ?