[Advaita-l] Dashashloki of Sankara

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:28:38 EDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Nirnajan Saha <nsaha12 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Subrhamanianji,
>
> Thank you indeed for all these authentic information (Madhusudana's
> commentary itself validates its authorship, but people still quarrel) .
> Could you please point out exactly the reference to BSB, where the
> Pancaratra matter occurs,

The reference to Pamcaratra in BSB is 2.2.42-45

Actually all the schools that are refuted in BSB as non-vedāntic are listed
in the Dashashloki as well.

> and also share your views on my second query i.e. (ii) distinction
> between the Śaṅkara known through Mādhava's narratives and the historical
> person.

I am not aware of the Shankara as a historical person as we seldom have any
information about him apart from some references in others' works.

regards
subbu