[Advaita-l] Sri Dakshinamurthy Stotra

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed May 17 07:49:36 EDT 2017

The work Sri Dakshinamurthy Stotra by Sri Subbaramaiya is considered to be
a classic and authoritative work on advaita sidhanta. In Chapter 2.1 of
this book the author Sri Subbaramaiya  contends that this stotra by Sri
Bhagavatpada conforms to Drishti Srishti vAda and Eka jIva vAda. I have not
come across such a view so far expressed either in the talks on the Stotra
 by Swami Dayananda Saraswathi, Swami Paramarthananda, Sri Nochur
Venkataraman,  nor in any of the texts and articles on the Stotra by
different commentators. Incidentally  many scholars and commentators have
specifically also mentioned that Sri Bhagavatpada has nowhere specifically
advocated this vAda. I would be interested in any other references on  this
specific aspect  on the Stotra by any other authoritative scholars or
commentators.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>