[Advaita-l] Fwd: Rama and Krishna are Jiva-s - Mahabharata

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 07:43:51 EDT 2017

//The criticism of these other schools centers around the fact that none of them are independent means to moksha. The same Sankara also accepts whatever is right and good in these other schools, subject to agreement with the aupanishada teachings.//

Once again, reality is different from the above. In BSB 2.2.32, Shankara summarily dismisses the entire Bauddha school. He further says that either the Buddha is a man who makes incoherent assertions or has hatred for all beings.  This, despite the fact that Shankara himself acknowledges the closeness of his school with that of the Buddhists in his Mandukya karika bhashya!