[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Fwd: Rama and Krishna are Jiva-s - Mahabharata

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed May 24 10:49:07 EDT 2017

Namaste Kalyanji,

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Kalyan via Advaita-l <

> //Here lies the greatness of we advaitins that we never criticise any path
> and take everyone in our own stride and move on....//
>
> Shankara has criticized mimamsa, nyaya, samkhya, yoga, vaiseshika,
> bauddha, jaina, pashupata, pancaratra, carvaka philosophers in his
> commentaries. To say that advaitins do not criticize anybody is far removed
> from reality.

​​There's a huge difference between criticising a sampradAya or a deity
just because it is not one's own versus criticising the following as it
does not lead to mokSha. Bhagvatpadacharya does the latter, as compared to
all others who followed Advaita Vedanta.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​