[Advaita-l] Evidence for Hari-Hara worship in early 13CE

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun May 28 21:54:58 EDT 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:52 AM, Sriram Sankaranarayanan <
ssriram1992 at icloud.com> wrote:

> Namaskarams to all,
>
> Adding to this from the Skanda Upanishad
> <http://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_upanishhat/skandaupan.html?lang=sa>
>
> //
>
> शिवाय विष्णुरूपाय शिवरूपाय विष्णवे ।
> शिवस्य हृदयं विष्णुः विष्णोश्च हृदयं शिवः ॥ ८॥
>
> यथा शिवमयो विष्णुरेवं विष्णुमयः शिवः ।
> यथान्तरं न पश्यामि तथा मे स्वस्तिरायुषि ॥ ९॥
>
> यथान्तरं न भेदाः स्युः शिवकेशवयोस्तथा ।
> देहो देवालयः प्रोक्तः स जीवः केवलः शिवः ॥ १०॥
>
> //
>
> Kind regards,
> Sriram

Dear Sriram,

The first two verses are chanted daily during sandhyavandanam by Telugu and
Kannada speaking  smārta-s.  A Telugu sandhyavandanam book by Krishna
Pandita printed in the early 1900 s has these verses. Also these verses are
present in the Mahabharata, in a slightly varied form, as stated by Arjuna.

regards
subrahmanian.v