[Advaita-l] The attitude towards the world in the Three Schools of Vedanta

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed May 31 02:22:50 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Sriram Sankaranarayanan <
ssriram1992 at icloud.com> wrote:

> Thank you for this Shri Subrahmanian mahodayah.
>
> Rather than using different websites for a comparative study of Bhagavad
> Gita Bhashya/Tika by our Acharyas and others, I thought this link might be
> helpful to have it all in one page.
>
> https://www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in/srimad?language=dv&
> field_chapter_value=2&field_nsutra_value=10&scsh=1&scram=
> 1&scmad=1&scms=1&scvv=1&etssa=1&choose=1
>
> This gives shloka by shloka bhashya as well as English translation to some
> of the commentaries, for people not fully comfortable with with Sanskrit.
> Apart from Bhagavad gita, this site has English translation of some of our
> Acharya's bhashya to Upanishads too.
>
> Thanks to IIT Kanpur for this effort.

While their efforts are certainly laudable, there are many shortcomings
that can be set right by them by putting greater efforts. For example, the
introduction bhashya of Shankara to the BG is not there. The bhashya starts
from 2.10. Some years ago I drew their attention to this. Much is needed to
be done by way of proof reading.

regards
vs