[Advaita-l] Question/Clarification on Chanting Vaidika mantras

Rajesh Benjwal rbenjwal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 09:40:15 EST 2017

Namaste,

It is correct, as established in purva memansa, that only chanting
correctly is enough to get the result of the mantra but saying
that svara are as important as correct pronunciation to get the result is
not correct. It is important to learn svara but it is not necessary to show
savara to get the result of the karmakandam. Like in Shukla Yajurveda
madhyandina shakha, which is my shakha,  you show the svara by hand. When
performing Abhisheka or during pooja or in yajna it is not necessary to
show the svara, as your hands are busy so you cannot show svara, only
correct pronunciation is required.

Thanks

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan via Advaita-l <

*Rajesh Benjwal*