[Advaita-l] On evidence for and against Yugas of Indian chronology

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 20:41:13 EST 2017

Dear Aditya Kumar ,

I do not think that any thing that is approved by a white man as correct.
That will be stupid. There are fundamentalist christians in USA who ask the
government
to ban the second law of thermodynamics. They do not understand that
a natural law can not be banned by a government and even if their
government is stupid enough
to ban it, it will continue to operate.

For the story of Raivata (I think that is the correct word) the explanation
given by puranas
is the exchange rate of time for different lokas. (One year on earth is
equal to one day for devas etc).
It is a fixed exchange rate. Time  dilation depends on acceleration of the
body moving. A variable quantity.
Therefore they are different.

In order to achieve observable time dilatin we have to have vehicles that
can produce high accelerations,

Do not take all whiteman's endorsements seriously. Keep a pinch of salt
ready.

regards,
Sarma.