[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

R Krishnamoorthy srirudra at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 04:40:13 EDT 2017

Dear
To my knowledge there is no restriction to chant Gayathri Japa or doing
Sandhya Vandhanam.Bharath is said to be Karma Bhumi and there is a belief
that karmas especially pithru karmas should be discharged only here and not
in foreign countries.As we have a number of our temples in foreign
countries the priests should be reciting vedas/upanishads etc
there.Therefore chanting japas in foreign countries is not incorrect.Even
Americans have recited Sri Rudram .
R.Krishnamoorthy.

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Santosh Rao via Advaita-l <