[Advaita-l] A question about Avidya

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 13:41:37 EDT 2017

Namaste,
I have a question about Avidya and I request your views on it. Everyone agrees that Avidya is two-fold : agrahana and anyatagrahana. It is same as avarana and vikshepa. This corresponds to 'not-knowing' and 'incorrect-knowing'. Is this the same as Avidya and Maya? as in, Avidya is agrahana and Maya is anyatagrahana?
Agrahana and anyatagrahana has a cause-effect relation. Because I do not know the rope, I see a snake. Does Avidya and Maya too have a cause-effect relation? Because of Avidya, there is Maya prapancha?