[Advaita-l] DSV in the advaitasiddhi: no anavasthA doSha in dRShTi-sRShti

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 20:16:42 EDT 2017

Namaste Srinathji,

On 8 Sep 2017 1:09 am, "Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l" <

> If jIva is controller of dreams, why we jIva-s cannot able to have sukha
> dreams all the time? Why do we have nightmares?

karmajanyasaMskAra; same reason as why Ishvara in SDV cannot create the
world as per his whims although being the "controller".

> Your interpretation is anubhava virOdhi.
This is perfectly inline with anubhava. When one day dreams, it is clear
like daylight.

This type of reading is exactly
> what is called as Theory Laden Observation. With DSV in mind, above shruti
> quotes are interpreted.
That's true with all interpretations by all darshanas, except that in this
case, it is unopposed to shrutitAtparya as DSV starts with holding onto the
final goal.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--praveen