[Advaita-l] Accounting for Brahman appearing as the world

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 05:41:58 EDT 2017

​Namaste,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 2:46 PM, H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <

> > What has been presented  in support of considering  बाधसामानाधिकरण्यम्
> > (bAdhasAmAnAdhikaraNyam)  for interpreting अहं  ब्रह्मास्मि (ahaM
> > brahmAsmi) are not just the individual understanding of members, but
> > statements by Swami Sureshvaracharya (Naishkarmya Siddhi), Swami Vasudeva
> > Brahmendra Saraswati (Vichara Sagara
> > ​)
> >  etc.

I've said this before: I am saying exactly what all these great
sampradAyavAdins are saying, the bAdha is neither of the ahaM, nor of
brahma, but there is bAdha of upAdhi that ahaM carries, in that upAdhis do
not exist, only I exist. The final sAmAnAdhikaraNyaM between ahaM and
brahma is mukhya aikya, in that there are no two, both are one and the
same. All put together will read as उपाधिबाधेन उपाधिबाधायां वा जीवस्य
ब्रह्मणा सह मुख्यसामानाधिकरण्यम् ऐक्यसामानाधिकरण्यं वा।

I am pointing out that this is not the same as saying sarvaM brahma, where
it is only bAdha of sarvaM to land on apposition between both words, since
jagat is mithyA in its entirety as it is only name and form.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */