[Advaita-l] DSV in the advaitasiddhi: sArUpya, adhikasattAkajnAna is not necessary for bAdha

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 12:29:07 EDT 2017

Shri Praveenji,

In SDV, we could say that vyAvahArika is higher than the prAtibhAsika and
pAramArthika higher than vyAvahArika, but in DSV will we not be stating
only two?
​And s
ince the objection is to the DSV perspective of things, what would mean by
a higher or a lower order of reality? That would mean that prAtibhAsika
cannot sublate pAramArthika, but can sublate anything prAtibhAsika,
including what is considered vyAvahArika since the latter is not higher
order of reality
​ at all​

That is an interesting observation/question! But, I tend to think the five
(excluding the sixth, cit) special entities, avidyA, etc., are at a higher
level of reality than prAtibhAsika, since they cannot be sublated either in
dream or waking by anything other than Brahma jnAna. If you mean by
"vyAvahArika", something that is seen in the waking state, yes, that is as
good as prAtibhAsika.

Anand