[Advaita-l] vedAntins at the time of shankara

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 10:04:33 EDT 2017

I am not sure what you are trying to say below, except mostly merely repeating what you have already said earlier. Yes, Shankara has not said he is refuting other BS bhashyas, but it is not necessary to be explicit. He nevertheless refutes BhartRprapancha, an earlier commentator on atleast some upanishads and BS. This is sufficient to show that there were other vedAntic schools even before Shankara, irrespective of whether or not Shankara acknowledges them explicitly or no matter what Shankara says about being the sole representative of the upanishads.

>From my side, this discussion ends, unless Sri Bhaskarji, the originator of the thread, brings up some fresh points to the table.

Regards
Kalyan