[Advaita-l] Authenticity of 'Srimad Bhagwatam' - Extensive article

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:51:45 EDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:54 PM, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <

> Dear friends,  It is immaterial whether Srimad Bhagavatam is authentic or
> not. What is important to consisder is whether  what has been taught in it
> is authentic or not. That is all. It will be more profittable and fruitful
> if one engages himself in finding out about the authenticity of the
> teachings contained in it.

Very well said. This alone should be our criterion in deciding whether a
text is valid for Vedanta or not. That is why texts like
Sridakshinamurtistotram, Vakyavrtti, Mayapanchakam, etc. are acceptable for
Vedantins whether or not it is true that Shankaracharya authored them.

regards
vs