[Advaita-l] On bhAgavatam
sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 04:27:01 EDT 2018
Some comments on the divine text - bhAgavatam:
- bhAgavatam is a treasure on jnAna, bhakti, and history of human race.
- For karma likely mahAbhArata is the best.
- For yoga there are multiple gems of texts.
- Book-2 of bhAgavatam is very deep in content.
- Book-2 also contains catu shloki bhAgavat - the original teaching that
brahmA received from God ( = some combination of Adi puruSa, virATa and
adhi puruSa). It is important to note that catu shloki bhAgavat hints
at something like "rope snake analogy".
- kapila-s teachings in Book-3 is one of the best reference on sAnkhya.
- Chapter on yoga siddhi-s in uddhava gItA gives a very different perspective
on this subject, compared to say yoga sutra-s.
- The last chapter of bhAgavatam (excluding the concluding
chapters) gives out the Ayudha rahasya-s of viSNu's weapons.
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list