[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Re: Suktas of Rigveda

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 01:33:11 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Venkata Sriram <sriram.iidc at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 11:00 AM
Subject: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Re: Suktas of Rigveda
To: भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत् <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>

Dear Aravinda Rao Garu,

TTD has published major suktas of Rg Veda in Telugu with Sayana as the
basis.  Translated into simple telugu by Shri.Kurumaddali Hayagriva Sarma
Garu who was close associate of my sanskrit teacher.  Published in 2
volumes with simple commentary 'without diluting the intent of sayana'.  I
have purchased those 2 copies and gone thru them and found to be extremely
useful for my swAdhyAya.  The e-books are online here:

https://archive.org/details/srisayanacharyab015418mbp

https://archive.org/stream/srisayanacharyab015419mbp#page/n9/mode/2up

Apart from this, the major important suktas of Rg Veda are 1) Nasadiya 2)
Asyavamiya.  These have been published by RK Mutt with wonderful
commentaries by Swami Harshananda Ji with short notes of Swamiji.  Swami
Atmananda, a great vedantin, also commented by Asyavamiya which was
published by Dr.Kunhan Raja,

Here is the soft copy which contains both sayana & Atmananda's commentary.
Atmananda's is found to be from shAkta's perspective as this commentary has
mysticism of srividya.  I gone thru that but need a thorough contemplation
& meditation on this book while reading because certain esoteric concepts
are tangential to me.

https://archive.org/details/AsyaVamasyaHymnRigVeda1164Comm
entariesOfSayanaAtmanandaKunhanRajaC.

rgs,