[Advaita-l] Some thoughts on qualifiers - upAdhi, upalakshaNa, visheShaNa

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 05:08:44 EDT 2018

Many thanks Venkat ji, for this valuable post. I have a doubt about the
aspect 'kArya anvayi' and 'kArya ananvayi.'  In the first case you have
described the karya as an act of seeing, predicate.  However, in the second
case you say that the action is that of the speaker (who is blue shirted).
While the first one, kArya anvayi, is related to the act of seeing, by the
seer, onlooker, of the blue shirted man, the second case of kArya ananvayi,
the action is of the speaker, the blue shirted man, but not of the onlooker
of the blue shirted speaking man.

Is there anything more than the above statement?  I think a clarification
is needed on this for my understandingl

regards
subbu

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 7:06 PM, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <