[Advaita-l] Pradosham date: April 2018, California

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Apr 25 23:54:41 EDT 2018

praNAms
Hare Krishna

My doubt is do we really have to meticulously find out the pradOshaM day and do the pradOsha Pooja ONLY on that particular day??  Yes, I agree some of the days are auspicious and has its own significance to do vrata, Pooja, anuShtAna etc.  But when there is confusion with regard to dates / days, if we have time we can do the Pooja all the dates / days mentioned as pradOsha or if we don’t have enough time to do Pooja all these days  atleast one of these days we can perform Pooja,  is it not??  What I am trying to say here is for the Pooja, archana, ArAdhana ananya  bhakti and Shraddha is more important than finding the day / date and timing.  If the paNchAnga/s are unanimous with regard to dates and timings, it is well and good, if we don’t have uniform date and if there is confusion/variation, it is better to do Pooja one of these days or all these days.    IMHO, sAmbaparameshwara would not really mind it as HE is dina. rAtri, tithi, yOga, karaNa, nakshatra everything.

Kindly pardon me if I said anything wrong.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar