[Advaita-l] Kalady’s Rediscoverer & Rediscovery - 12

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 22:12:14 EDT 2018

 (Continued from previous post)

https://www.sringeri.net/2010/06/28/articles/sri-adi-shankaracharya-the-connection-between-sringeri-travancore-and-kalady.htm

Travancore, Sringeri & Kalady

Kalady has a very important place in our bandham (relationship) with Sringeri. Sri Moolam Tirunal (who reigned from
1885-1924) the then Maharaja was a pious and noble-hearted ruler and greatly devoted to Indian culture and tradition.
In 1905, when officials from Sringeri visited the Maharaja in relation to Kalady, the Maharaja silently worked to secure
lands in Kalady relating to Sri Adi Shankaracharya and submitted them respectfully to the Peetham. The then Mahasannidhanam,
Sri Sacchidananda Shivabhinava Narasimha Bharati Mahaswami, who brought about the renaissance of Kalady, also graced
the Maharaja in December 1909 just before the Kumbhabhishekam at Kalady.

Later, under the direction of Sri Abhinava Vidyatirtha Mahaswami, a painting of the Maharaja was commissioned and kept
in Kalady in which the Maharaja is depicted in traditional attire and as a devotee.

So the bandham has been going on and on. It is something which we look back with tremendous joy. We are being propelled
to such a good path by a great force and that is none other than our Guru Sthanam. And the fact that our belief,
our full Shraddha on the Lord is only because the Guru is there to guide us, tell us the right thing at the right time.
It is a matter of joy that the Parampara goes on unbroken and without any change. It is a marvellous thing that whenever
we go to Sringeri, we are so satisfied and happy.

On the occasion of the 100th year of the consecration at Adi Shankaracharya Janmabhoomi Kshetram at Kalady, the entire
Travancore family in all humility and joy prostrate to the Acharya His Holiness Mahasannidhanam
Sri Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamigal.

(Concluded)