[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:22:37 EDT 2018

I am afraid you are getting in to a level of theological detail that is
outside the scope of this list.

We can replace Rama with Krishna, Ramana  etc. Because the meanings of
these words and their connotations are very well analyzed in the Vedic
tradition and are shorn of any bigoted sectarian baggage.
When you wish to replace the word Krishna with Jesus or Allah, you have to
firstly answer the question

What do you mean by the word 'Jesus' or Allah? The onus is on whoever wants
to fiddle around with traditional Hindu bhakti songs,  to clarify.

 Because the organized Church which is very interested in this replacement
of Hindu divine names with words like Jesus etc, abetted unwittingly  by a
few non-thinking hare-brained Hindus,  promotes a 'Jesus' of a certain
Nicene creed which punishes so-called idolaters and sends off Hindus to
limbo/hell for merely worshipping an altar in a Hindu temple, then such a
theological baggage-ridden meaning of the word Jesus is not acceptable for
replacement. Until these organizations like the archdiocese of madurai
which want to replace Rama with Jesus, give up with their bigoted Nicene
creed which for these organized Churches is a non-negotiable theological
dogma, there is no question of allowing such replacements with ulterior
proselytizing motives.

As for your mentioning Indra as being fit for worship. The word Indra is a
synonym

On Thu 9 Aug, 2018, 9:12 PM Kalyan via Advaita-l, <