[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

Murali k methusala8 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:33:24 EDT 2018

I was kinda expecting that you would bring up Manusmriti. Nothing new under
the sun.  I had enough professors in the University who would end up
quoting this text. Tell me, How many Shudras (your term, not mine) ears
have been filled with Molten lead of late?

Actually, Islam's  follow their scriptures to the letter. That is their
problem. One cannot accuse them of not following the book! Esp Isis.  Same
thing with Christianity when it comes to proselyting. They have gone easy
on killing after the age of enlightenment.  If someone is not following the
book (assuming that what you say is true and Manusmiriti is  a mainstream
book) then it is the followers of Sanatana Dharma as no one follows these
rules of Manu Smiriti. People  have a copy of Gita in their house. Not
Manu Smriti.

You can believe whatever that you want to believe, but trying to convince
others of your  convoluted  (sorry for this word usage)logic might not work
all the time. If you want to believe that Ishwara will bless you by taking
the form of shankara, power to you.