[Advaita-l] Advaita in Everyday life

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:52:56 EDT 2018

PrANAms,
The reason why we fail to apply advaita in practical life is because our
mind our mind is not purified to the extend it is required. For example we
all very well know that this samsAra is mithyA but still we get involved in
life very seriously. When involved in any issue or doing work we forget the
teaching of mithyAtva and unknowingly do karma as sakAma karma.

Knowing and applying is different.

So first we must have certain qualities like SATsampatti. Reading viveka
chUDAmaNi daily over and over again will help us strongly embed the
teachings and attitude that we must keep while doing day to day activities.

Please keep reading viveka chUDAmaNi for at least 10-15 times preferably
with commentary or audio or video discourse as given by Swami Chinmaya.

Then keep reading gItA over and over again with audio or video commentary.
It helps a lot. For example reading adhyAya 10 i.e. vibhUti yoga teacher us
that what good or inspirational we experience in something or someone know
that it is the power of ISvara. Even in those who we dislike there is same
antaryAmI, ISvara. This helps us understand that nothing is actually mine,
not even our family members. This helps us ewduce ego and more importantly
reduce intensity if attachment. This in turn helps us reduce ego and instil
humility and surrender to ISvara. We must know that whatever is done I'd
done by ISvara himself and we are puppets yantrAruadhAmi mAyayA ...
Everything is mechanical. So emotional attachment reduces.

As Sriram ji had said dakshiNAmUrti stotra is important but you should be
able to apply it., As this stotra was revealed to highly advanced sAdhakA-s
as maun vyAkhyAna is not for everybody. If you can apply it nothing better.

Japa is important. You can do sAkAra upAsanA.

Hope this helps. Just mu 2cc.

OM
Sujal

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018, 3:32 PM Ryan Armstrong via Advaita-l <