[Advaita-l] Question on adhyaasa

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 08:24:39 EST 2018

Dear Sadaji,

adhyAsa does not affect kUtastha - as shankarAchArya says, यत्र यदध्यासः,
तत्कृतेन दोषेण गुणेन वा अणुमात्रेणापि स न सम्बध्यते.
All the word anyonyAdhyAsa means is that the nature of the non-self is
superimposed upon the self (I am a limited, ignorant jIva, etc) and the
nature of the self is superimposed on the non-self (the world is real,
there is no consciousness apart from thought, wealth brings joy, etc) - it
does not imply the kUtastha being affected.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan