[Advaita-l] Question on adhyaasa

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 06:23:47 EST 2018

Pranams Sri Sadananda Ji,

Reg  << While the existence forms adhishTaanam for the world and thus they
are together the removal of ignorance, therefore. involves cognitively
recognizing the pure existence without attributes while seeing the world.
It is like recognizing the sunlight while looking at the moon and its
light. Without the presence of the moon, the sunlight cannot be recognized.
>>,

Sorry for the interjection. I am a little perplexed and feel perhaps I am
missing something. Is it being suggested that avidyA ( Ignorance ) can be
removed by reference to the external world, without reference to the Atman
?? As far as I know, as per sidhanta, avidyA can be destroyed and Brahman
Realized ONLY as Atman and not in any other way. Please clarify.

Pranams and Regards