[Advaita-l] Question on adhyaasa

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 09:17:37 EST 2018

Chandramouliji - PraNAms
Yes, what you said is right.  It is the notion of reality to duality is destroyed, and duality now is recognized as mithyaa, sat asat valakshanam. The duality is still perceived as long as BMI is there for a jnaani and transactions will go on as before -it becomes aatma kreeda. It is not the destruction of duality, and this aspect was emphasized in sloka 13, Ch. 6 of Panchadasi.
jnaanma, ajnaanam, realization, all nine yards are all within vyavahaara only.
The misconceptions are in the mind and jnaanam which is in the form of vRitti only destroys the avidya as they are opposite to each other. Hence it is said vRitti vyaapti is there but what is being pointed as the truth by that jnaana vRitti is akhandam- pure Brahman. Hence the jnaana vRitti is called as akhandaakara vRitti that was discussed sometime back and that is what Venkatraghavan is reminding me also.
Sloka 31 of Ch. 6 of Panchadasi says KuTastha chaitanyam is not opposed to avidya. Only viveka is opposed to avidya.
Hari Om!Sadananda