[Advaita-l] Question on adhyaasa

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 20:40:05 EST 2018

Chandramouliji - PraNAms

As I understand:

Avidya involves the divisions -a) jeeva - jagat - Iswara or b) any triad etc., of that which is indivisible or akhandam.

Realization involves, therefore, a recognition that all the divisions are only apparent and not real - or adhyaasa - that is how the adhyaasa bhaashya starts - yshmad, ashmad pratya(s)...

Aham bramaasmi involves recognition of the indivisible as substantive of all the apparent divisions. Hence it includes all the three - jeeva, jagat and Iswara.

That is what mithyaatma nishayaH - word used in Panchadasi 6th Ch.

In the understanding of akhanda using the vRitti jnaanam - all the divisions are sublimated.

They are not removed but understood as I am the very substratum for all the triads.

Hence it is not destruction of the triad but understanding that they are only apparent substratum is I am or Iswara

sarva bhutastam aatmaanam sarva bhuutanicha aatmani|

or

Yomam pasyati sarvatra sarvanch mayi pasyati.

Then the triad becomes vibhuuti only.

Hari Om!

Sadananda

Chandramouliji - PraNAms
As I understand:
Avidya involves the divisions -a) jeeva - jagat - Iswara or b) any triad etc., of that which is indivisible or akhandam.
Realization involves, therefore, a recognition that all the divisions are only apparent and not real - or adhyaasa - that is how the adhyaasa bhaashya starts - yshmad, ashmad pratya(s)...
Aham bramaasmi involves recognition of the indivisible as substantive of all the apparent divisions. Hence it includes all the three - jeeva, jagat and Iswara. That is what mithyaatma nishayaH - word used in Panchadasi 6th Ch.In the understanding of akhanda using the vRitti jnaanam - all the divisions are sublimated.They are not removed but understood as I am the very substratum for all the triads.
Hence it is not a destruction of the triad but understanding that they are only apparent substratum is I am or Iswara