[Advaita-l] MB Subramanian - Guidance for students who have missed out Sandhyavandanam

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Dec 20 01:49:45 EST 2018

There are couple of कूष्माण्ड mantras that are capable of removing the sins.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

After seeing the 'kUshmAnda', I remembered one incident, when I was doing kUshmAnda prAyaschitta hOma at some one's house, one of the visitors asked why these mantra-s  related to kUshmAnda (pumpkin) what is the significance??  Why we give bali using the pumpkin (kushmAnda bali, kUshmAnda bandhana) why not water melon when it is comparatively 'red' inside when doing house warming ceremony etc.  😊 For Rigvedi-s we have pavamAna hOma, kUshmAnda sUkta will be recited during the pitru shrAddha also.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar