[Advaita-l] The 'Light of Consciousness'.

jayakumar saipadukajk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 01:15:10 EST 2018

Namaste to all.

The following could be a point to discuss among our learned members "

What is the source of the quite obvious 'Dream-Light'?

Why can't we own-up    That light of Consciousness , , which is the same
'Light' that 'illuminates' everything when we are awake and the   calmness
of   deep sleep too. Then, let 'us' live in the 'Ishwara srushti' or put the
costume of our 'Name &   Form' and 'Function' in the cosmic drama and get
entertained?

Even if the dream-light  is due to 'chitabhasa' or the waker's mind present
in 'chitabhasa', the very source of light cannot be both of these and that
too  in the absence of the lights of Sun, Moon, Stars, Fire or the
artificial / electrical lights or due to infra-red rays as it happens in
CCTV cameras.  The whole dream-world and the dream-activities appear in the
eyes closed condition and that too only during sleep.  .

Any non-agreement may please be communicated thru  phone or email for
obvious reasons.

Further, though we  totally accept our scriptural teaching that  it  is the
'atma jyothi' which is ['swayam jyothi' , is there any scientific /
neurological  or logical explanation for the 'dream-light'? This is for
academic interest and to explain my yoga students the limitation of modern
science in analysing profound truth.

Regards,

S K Jayakumar (visually challenged member of the group)

Mobile : 9916494729,

LL : 080 40905873

Email : saipadukajk at gmail.com