[Advaita-l] Dvaita, Vishidhtadvaita and Advaita

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 02:57:22 EST 2018

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 1:04 PM kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <

> "நீீ மாம்பழத்தை தின்று விட்டாய்
> - இது * விசிஷ்டாத்வைதம் ! "
> (ஒன்றுடன் ஒன்று சேர்வது)
>
> "You have eaten the Mango-fruit.  This is VISISHTADVAITA".
>
> (One has merged with the other)
> This may be an oversimplification, but that definitely is not
> vishishtadvaita.

Dear Sada ji,

Another translation: //When you eat the mango it becomes a part of your
body. This is vishishtaadvaita. //
Sayujya moksha is admitted and the difference is not lost.

//
https://ramanuja.org/sri/BhaktiListArchives/Article?p=feb2003%2F0153.html&anchor=
>From the Bhakti List Archives

Mani Varadarajan
<https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aramanuja.org+Mani+Varadarajan+>•
February 26, 2003

--- In bhakti-list at yahoogroups.com, "Krishna K"  wrote:
> How does Vishishtadvaita explain sAyujya? The general conception
is that it is aikya with Brahman (in some form of entering Him) and the
very  term is supportive of such a conception.

This is off the cuff so I can't cite shastras
for you, but sAyujya means communion with Brahman
and absorption in Brahma-ananda-anubhava, but not
absorption to the extent of total loss of identity.
It carries a connotation of intimate union as would
be had by two lovers. I don't think there is much
support for it meaning aikya as it is derived
from sa + yuj, where the latter dhAtu indicates
a binding together. //

Hari Om!Sadananda