[Advaita-l] The 'Light of Consciousness'.

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Dec 26 09:15:16 EST 2018

Dear Sri Subramanian,
Please permit me todraw your kind attention to the following :
(1) AtmatO idagM sarvam || Chandogya 7-26-1(2) ahamEvEdagM sarvaM || Chandogya 7-25-1
(3) AtmaivEdagM  sarvam || Chandogya 7-25-2(4) Sri Shankara writes in his commentary to Bbrahmasutra 3-2-19 thus:     AtmA sarvagatatvAt sarvAnanyatvAcca ||
In the light of the above statements the discussions so  far held
do  they hold any water ?
Can there be two chaitanyas within any person?The very words 'waker'. 'dreamer', 'sleeper' have no
meaning at all  because it is THE ONE who appears as three.
Kindly refer to Mandukya karike 1 of AgamaprakaraNa.Eka Eva tridhA smRutaH || thai is what the karika says.
With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy

   On Wednesday, 26 December, 2018, 7:21:02 PM IST, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 5:53 PM H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <

> Pranams Sri Sadananda Ji,
>
> Reg << Having created the dream world, one can say 'He enters' as the
> subject in the dream creation and there other objects which constitute
> chara and achara - or sentient and insentient beings with their own bodies
> >>.
>
>  That is just the point. Shruti does not say ‘ He enters ‘ as the subject
> in the dream Creation.

I think it would be of benefit to consider the actual Taittiriya here:

 तत्सृष्ट्वा । तदेवानुप्राविशत् । तदनुप्रविश्य । सच्च त्यच्चाभवत् ।
निरुक्तं चानिरुक्तं च । निलयनं चानिलयनं च । विज्ञानं चाविज्ञानं च । सत्यं
चानृतं च सत्यमभवत् । यदिदं किञ्च । तत्सत्यमित्याचक्षते । तदप्येष श्लोको
भवति ॥ १ ॥

The 'entering' is taken up to both 'satyam' (vyavaharikam) and 'anrutam'
(praatibhasikam). Brahman alone 'became' both the vyavaharikam and
pratibhasikam.  That includes all bhrama experiences a person gets in the
world, including the dream experience. Seen this way, the triad of states
is an expression of Chaitanyam which the jiva really is.

warm regards
subrahmanian.v