[Advaita-l] Advaitic message in the Yama Gita of the Vishnu Purana

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 10:26:29 EST 2018

Namaste

I have added this portion to the article:

// That bheda across the Trimurtis is 'aropita' by the disputants is stated
by none other than Sri Nrsimhasrama, the commentator of Sarvajnatman's
Sankshepasariraka, in his very first invocation:

.....आरोपिता वादिभिः विष्णुः शंकर आत्मभूरिति भिदा तत् सन्निधत्तां महः ||

// I bow to that Supreme Consciousness in which the vādins, disputants,
superimpose the difference between Hari, Hara and Brahma.//

Surely, such bheda that is 'aropita' can't be taken to be real, even in the
vyavaharika, for abheda is what persists even when this bheda, out of
ignorance, is perceived. Even as when one perceives the snake in the place
of the rope, it is the rope that is the truth there. //

regards

subbu