[Advaita-l] New members

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat Jan 6 01:18:36 EST 2018

Daniel Moore
------------

My name is Daniel.  Like most of us I have been contemplating my own nature
and the nature of reality and the relationship between my individual self to
the absolute from a young age.  My introduction to Vedanta began informally
in adolescence when I picked up a copy of the Bhagavad Gita.  After spending
some time in Kirtan and discussion with devotees of the Gaudiya Vaishnava
sampradaya I came to reallize that I had more of an attraction and affinity
for the Advaita philosophy of Adi Shankaracharya.  I have had a passing
familiarity with the philosophy for a number of years but during a recent
stay in India I was fortunate enough to receive a more detailed introduction
thanks to the grace of my wonderful teachers in the Sivananda Yoga Vidya
Peetam, namely Swami Govindananda Saraswati and Robert Shankara Moses.

I look forward to an ever deepening appreciation of and immersion in this
nectarian spiritual science in the years to come.  I am also interested in
understanding how Vedanta relates to the other classical darshans and how it
compares and contrasts with the tenets and practices of agamic monistic
traditions such as Anuttara Trika Kula and Sri Vidya, to which I also feel
intensely attracted.

Anand
-----

Started with an attitude of Investigative Spiritualism but got lost in the
vast oceans of Indian scriptures and shocked to see how this wealth got lost
in our country. Happy to see that, there are many, in the name of Self
Inquiry indirectly contributing to revive the Indian Spiritual texts.

Spiritual state of mind!!