[Advaita-l] kshatriya dharma according to manu smriti and its interpretation today?

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 05:58:06 EST 2018

Namaste Jaldharji
There is a small digression I wish to take here...viz., there is a general
premise that dying in battle gives svarga or vIragati etc for the
kxatriyas. Your quotes from mahabharata also illustrate thus.  Does this
apply to those who die fighting on the adharmik side as well?

We see Duryodhana reaching svarga (well, at least for a short holiday)
inspite of fighting on the adharmik side.

Is it not strange that the mere fact of dying on the battlefield gives
svarga prApti, irrespective of fighting on the adharmik or dharmik side?

 Bhishma's exhortation is only a reminder about this strange fact. Because
there is no specific reference or claim by Bhishma that they were fighting
for dharma therefore they get the vIragati.

Can you clarify this?

Om
Raghav

On 19-Jan-2018 12:24 PM, "Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l" <