[Advaita-l] Regarding the religious marks of purva mimamsakas

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 03:58:32 EDT 2018

The mimamsakas did not believe in Ishwara, so I would be very surprised if they had any concept like krishnarpanamastu etc. Early samkhya is also atheistic, so same goes for that school.

As far as I know, neither do early images of Vishnu show any naamam, nor do early images of Shiva show any vibhuti, on the forehead. These practices are probably later developments, perhaps driven by sectarian considerations. Even in the case of Shankara, no one really knows whether he donned any religious marks.