[Advaita-l] Maha Pativrataas

Divya Meedin divyameedin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:46:35 EDT 2018

Namaste

In Sundara Kaand of Vaalmiki Ramayana Sarga 24, Lokamaathaa Sita says,

दीनो वा राज्यहीनो वा
यो मे भर्ता स मे गुरुः ।
तं नित्यमनुरक्ताऽस्मि
यथा सूर्यं सुवर्चला ॥

Regardless of whether he is miserable or has lost his kingdom, he, my
husband, is my lord. I am always in love with him and only him, as
Suvarcala is with the sun.

यथा शची महाभागा
शक्रं समुपतिष्ठति ।
अरुन्धती वसिष्ठं च
रोहिणी शशिनं यथा ।
लोपामुद्रा यथाऽगस्त्यम्
सुकन्या च्यवनं यथा ।
सावित्री सत्यवन्तं च
कपिलं श्रीमती यथा ।
सौदासं मदयन्तीव
केशिनी सगरं यथा ।
नैषधं दमयन्तीव
भैमी पतिमनुव्रता ।
तथाऽहमिक्ष्वाकुवरम्
रामं पतिमनुव्रता ॥
Just as the blessed Ṡaci stayed bound to Ṡakra, Arundhati to Vasishṭha,
Rōhiṇee to the moon, Lōpāmudrā to Agastya, Sukanyā to Cyavana, Sāvitri to
Satyavanta, Ṡreematee to Kapila, Madayantee to Saudāsa, Kēṡinee to Sagara, and
just as Damayanti, the daughter of Bheema, religiously followed Naishadha, I
follow my husband Rāma, the foremost of Ikshwākus.

I require some help in learning more about the stories of these great
*Pativrataas.*

I have already come across the Sukanyā-Cyavana Upaakhyaanam, and the
Sāvitri-Satyavanta
Upaakhyaanaam in Srimad Devi Bhaagavatam.

Could the esteemed members point me to resources containing the stories of
(1)  Ṡaci-Ṡakra
(2)  Arundhati-Vasishṭha
(3)  Rōhiṇee-Chandra
(4)  Lōpāmudrā-Agastya