[Advaita-l] Basic definitions in types of shastra

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Thu Jul 12 07:19:31 EDT 2018

Namaste,

I think both come under टीका only going by the definitions.

rgs,
sriram

On Wed, 11/7/18, Sujal Upadhyay <sujal.u at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Basic definitions in types of shastra
 To: "advaita-l" <Advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
 Cc: "Venkata sriram P" <venkatasriramp at yahoo.in>, "Ryan Armstrong" <ryanarm at gmail.com>
 Date: Wednesday, 11 July, 2018, 4:14 PM

 Thank you Shri
 Venkat ji,Please can you explain the meaning of
 dipikA.Is bhAvaprakASa also considered a
 'gloss' or is it a surprise commentary?I
 have also heard of 'chandrikA'Please can
 you explain these commentary types too.
 PranamsSujal

 On Mon, Jul
 9, 2018, 8:24 PM Ryan Armstrong via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>