[Advaita-l] Swami Nischalananda Saraswathi replies to ISKCON's claims of Advaita being a Mayavadi

Dev Babu devbab at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:55:50 EDT 2018

Namaste Srinath ji
Also w.r.t.
 'mayaa adhyakshena prakritih suuyate sa caraacaram..'  Bh.gita. With
>    me as presiding consciousness, prakritis creates this world.

Shankara very clearly states that  " mayA addyakshena "  =
drsi-mAtra-svarupeNa -  as a Witnessing agent alone, the creation of
prakriti is done (or) as the Governing agent.
Then one may ask how does the difference in creation comes about?
So, from Krishna's words "anena hethuna" that is "*nimitta kAranam +
PariNAmi upAdhana kAraNam " *that is the intelligent cause + trigunA Maya
as the cause, the creation with disparities come about?
Reason being their left-over karmas, as established in previous shlokas 8 &
9 during creation and dissolution.

Hope the above provide more clarity.

Harih Om
Babu

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 5:21 AM Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l <