[Advaita-l] Regarding the Pancharatra, Shankara is one with Purvamimamsa

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 03:00:42 EDT 2018

 I am wondering how far the theories of multiple Kapilas or multiple Buddhas are maintainable.

It is a remarkable coincidence that both are held to be incarnations of Vishnu. While Kapila #2 (the hero) has also propounded Sankhya like Kapila #1(the villain), Buddha #2 (the hero) has the purpose of deluding the folks from the "correct" doctrine. Meanwhile Buddha #1 (the villain) is criticized. All these hero-villain duos sharing the same names, is straining one's credulity.