[Advaita-l] Taattvika Abheda and vyavaharika bheda in Dvaita and Advaita

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:14:18 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 7:54 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> Taattvika Abheda and vyavaharika bheda in Dvaita and Advaita
>

> There is nothing wrong in this and is quite the way it aught to be. But it
> has to be realized by non-advaitins that this is the same situation in
> Advaita where they hold a taattvika abheda  between jiva-brahma and
> jiva-jiva and Brahma-jagat, and maintain a bheda in  vyavahara (just like
> Madhvas hold a taattvika abheda across all forms of Vishnu and maintain a
> working difference too).

Two are not same. Dvaitins even though transact (for bhakti purpose) in
bhEdha between various avatAra rUpa-s of the Lord, nevertheless DO NOT say
such rUpas are in samsAra and needing mOksha like what Advaitins are saying
about jIva-s.

What this means is that Dvaitins will not run into logical contradiction of
what Advaitins run into of one jIva gets mOksha why other jIva-s are
continue to exist.

Your argument is superficially based on perceived similarity (sAmya) of
bhEda-abhEda between two school -- is quite invalid. I call it superficial
because you failed to notice the key difference -- in Dvaita such various
forms of the Lord are sattya (even though the svarUpa of such forms is One
and only); where as in Advaita various forms of jIva-s are arOpita and not
sattya.

/sv