[Advaita-l] Regarding the Pancharatra, Shankara is one with Purvamimamsa

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 06:38:08 EDT 2018

 //But don’t you think sAnkhya yOga of geeta more in line with vedAnta and which is  something different from pradhAna malla sAnkhya mata ?? //

While the Shanti parva is explicit that Sankhya is propounded by Kapila (you can find links in this thread), you have asked an interesting question.
IMO, the sankhya yoga of gIta applies to Kapila saankhya as well. This is a theistic variation of saankhya, which the MB and gIta propound.
Does it apply to vedAnta? Depends on which school you are talking about. I read the entire translation of van Buitinen of the Gita and was unable to find a trace of advaita in it.