[Advaita-l] Regarding the Pancharatra, Shankara is one with Purvamimamsa

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 23:07:32 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Kalyan via Advaita-l <
advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote

<< On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Kalyan via Advaita-l <

//Hopefully no evidence was seen that the two are different either.//

<< I am not sure how much you are following this thread.
If Badarayana is refuting sankhya and pancaratra in BS and Vyasa is
accepting the two in MB, both have to be different >>,

When I quoted Bhamati, you responded by saying you are not concerned about
Bhamati view, but only about what Sri Bhagavatpada had to say on the topic.

Later you stated

<< No one is contesting that sutra author is Badarayana. I could not see
any evidence in Shankara bhashya that this person is same as Vyasa >>,

again sticking to views of Sri Bhagavatpada in the Bhashya only. My
following response cited by you now should logically have been viewed in
that context only

<<  Hopefully no evidence was seen that the two are different either >>.

If you had any objection to this, it should have been with reference to the
Bhashya only. You should have cited explicit statements in the Bhashya to
the contrary. Instead you have suddenly shifted gears and responded with
arguments. No reference to the Bhashya at all. So who is not following the
thread??