[Advaita-l] BhAmAti vs VivAraNa

Dev Babu devbab at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 07:40:45 EDT 2018

Namaste Elite Scholars
My doubt:  which one of this school is more popular?
In MAdhaviya Sankara Vijayam 13th Sarga: - Shloka 53, Sankara gave ShApam
that "Any Varttikam that has been initiated against the Guru;s Wishes will
not gain prominence - hence, PadmapAdachArya's  Varttikam got burnt and
only Panca Padiks remains.

Also, Sankara Blesses Suresvaracharya in Shloka 73, that " Thou shall be
born again as VAchaspati and you will carry out a Vishesha commentary to my
BhAshya - which is BhAmati, and that will shine forth until Pralayam.

So, By taking above as PramAnam, is not BhAmati more popular?

Which one of the above is held as Authoritative by Our Revered Sringeri
Acharyals?

Much appreciate your views.

Harih Om

Babu